AqualisBraemar Rig Inspection (RI) are experienced in delivering a wide variety of rig Inspection services, with their team of rig inspectors having extensive industry experience.
The services offered include but are not limited to:
- Rig Inspection and Assurance Services
- Rig Selection Services
- Rig Reactivation Assurance Services
- New Build Delivery Assurance Service
- Rig Preservation Inspection Service
- Focussed Rig Equipment Inspections such as:
- Well Control Equipment Inspections
- API Standard 53 Compliance Audits & Gap Analysis
- Cyber-based drilling equipment inspections
- Integrated Control Management System (ICMS) inspections and testing
- ROV Inspection & Assurance
- Drilling Rig Equipment Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) witnessing
AqualisBraemar RI is an offshore environment-focused rig inspection service who’s engineering teams have in-depth knowledge of Drillships, DP semi-submersibles, Moored Semi-Submersibles and Jack-Up rigs, ranging from traditional manual operated drilling rigs to the latest 7th generation Cyber-based Drilling Rigs with complex Integrated Control Management Systems & Dynamic Positioning Systems.
Our inspection teams are Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) trained in the use of Drilling Equipment Systems, Well Control Equipment, DP systems as well as being IADC Well Control qualified.
AqualisBraemar RI utilise multi-disciplined inspection teams comprising:
- Marine Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Electro Technical Engineers
- Subsea Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
The Inspection teams identify the appropriate regulations and standards based upon port of registry, local flag state regulations, equipment age, and applicable industry standards.
- Statutory Flag State Legislation, such as
- International Maritime Organization (IMO) Modu Code
- IMO MARPOL regulations
- IMO COLREGS etc.
- Statutory Port State Regulations such as
- UK legislation PUWER, LOLER, PFEER, Safety Case Regulations & Oil & Gas UK.
- Norwegian NORSOK, NMD & NPD regulations
- USA Coastguard Regulations & BSEE regulations
- Classification Society Regulations
- Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV-GL) Classification Society
- American Bureau Shipping (ABS) Classification Society
- Lloyds Register Classification Society
- Industry Standards
- American Petroleum Industry (API) Standards, Specifications and Recommended Practices
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA).
- Marine Technology Society (MTS)
- Drops Forum
- Energy Institute EI17 HPHT
Rig Inspection and Assurance Services
AqualisBraemar RI can provide pre-drilling contract Rig Inspection Assurance, where the rigs regulatory compliance and equipment operability are verified. Detailed inspections of rig equipment and systems are conducted using the five-step assurance process:
Where Non-conformance Recommendations (NCR) are identified the Aqualis RI as your service partner will assist in identifying solutions to ensure correct and satisfactory closure of any NCR.
As each offshore drilling rig is unique Aqualis RI offer bespoke rig acceptance programs developed with the intimate experience of rig intake process, these rig acceptance programs are engineered to deliver both practical and achievable test programs.
AqualisBraemar RI use the latest in video technology to document and record aspects of rig acceptance testing such as tubular handling, which can be used to support crew competency and identification of potential drilling time efficiencies.
Rig Selection Services
AqualisBraemar RI can provide rig selection services where they can assist with the development of a rig selection short list, and subsequent rig selection inspections. Rig selection inspections being a high-level inspection focused upon:
- Evaluation of Rig HSE performance
- Evaluation of Rig Non-Productive Time (NPT) Performance
- Rig equipment suitability
- Rig local area regulatory compliance
- Certification and Documentation compliance
- Our teams then produce comparative reports, or standalone reports depending upon the clients specific requirements
New Build Delivery Assurance
Our Teams can provide onsite assurance during the final commissioning stages of new build delivery, with our team of experienced engineers having previously conducted numerous projects within shipyards throughout the Middle East & the Far East.
Aqualis can assist in the development of final Rig Integrated Acceptance Test (IAT) programs, or as client representatives verifying compliance to the shipyard designed IAT.
Rig Reactivation Assurance Service
AqualisBraemar RI team can oversee and report on reactivation of warm or cold stacked rigs prior to recommencing drilling operations, with a selection of activities which are offered, being:
- Initial equipment inspection and appraisal
- Review of reactivation plans
- Witness appropriate OEM reactivation procedures
- Creation of bespoke drilling equipment test programs
- Execution of drilling equipment test programs
- Assurance of rigs compliance to drilling location local regulation
Rig Preservation Inspections
AqualisBraemar RI can provide expert appraisal of stacked rig equipment condition, based upon experience of both conducting inspections on-board rigs during cold stacked preservation periods and during subsequent reactivation periods. Aqualis RI can assist clients with advice as to where industry lessons learned may be applied to their asset to ensure the continued preservation of equipment and smooth transitions when reactivation exercises are performed.
Focused Equipment Inspections
AqualisBraemar RI can conduct area focused drilling system inspections typically using smaller teams to execute the inspections, examples of focused inspections being, but not limited to:
- Well Control Equipment Inspections
- Well Control Gap Analysis
- Cyber based drilling equipment Inspections
- Integrated Control Management Systems (ICMS) inspections
- ROV System Assurance inspections
As with full rig inspection both equipment compliance and operability is verified based upon equipment age, statutory requirements, local requirements and industry standards.
Well Control Equipment Inspections
AqualisBraemar RI can conduct well control equipment assurance inspections of both surface well control equipment and subsea equipment on both conventional and MUX control systems. Our experienced engineers can verify both equipment regulatory compliance and operability. Our teams are also highly experienced in the execution and 3rd party witnessing of API surface and or pre-deployment well control equipment function testing and pressure testing.
AqualisBraemar RI use the latest video techniques to conduct internal BOP well bore inspections and can deliver clients with a documented video footage of the equipment condition at the time of inspection. As well as visually documenting BOP equipment condition.
AqualisBraemar RI can conduct audits to verify compliance with API Standard 53. Our team can also conduct High-Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) audits against the Industry Standard Energy Institute EI 17 document.
Well Control Gap Analysis
AqualisBraemar RI teams can use their experience to conduct gap analysis of current rig well control equipment to identify any areas which are not fully compliant with the latest editions of API standard 53, or against client specific well control policies.
Cyber Based Drilling Equipment Inspections
Our inspection teams can conduct focused inspections of Cyber-Based drilling equipment systems using their rig acceptance testing experience to allow full appraisal of the equipment’s condition and operability. Where the focus is upon the operability of the computer control systems, the remotely operated drill floor equipment and the interactions between those pieces of equipment.
Aqualis engineers would assess the equipment’s operational efficiency ensuring that all the appropriate safeguards are in place and operational.
AqualisBraemar RI use the latest in video technology to document and record tubular handling aspects, which can be reviewed and used for identification of potential drilling time efficiencies.
Integrated Control Management Systems (ICMS) Inspections
AqualisBraemar RI inspection teams use their experience of complex ICMS to conduct focused inspections on this area of drilling rig equipment, with ICMS often covering critical mission system functionality such as:
- Fire and Gas Detection
- Power management systems
- Black out recovery systems
- Emergency Shut Down Systems
- Bilge and Ballast system control
Often ICMS are also linked into Dynamic Positioning Systems, Riser Management Systems and BOP Emergency Disconnect Systems and Drilling Equipment Phase Back Systems.
AqualisBraemar RI engineers can review associated cause and effect schedules and develop the execute test programs to ensure that these critical mission systems are demonstrated to be fully operational.
ROV Assurance Inspection
ROV’s are critical parts of subsea secondary well control shut down systems with API Standard 53 defining the required functionality. AqualisBraemar RI can assist in providing assurance that ROV’s are fully operable firstly to reach the subsea equipment, then their ability to correctly operate secondary well control shut in and unlatch functions, and deliver control fluid be it from inbuilt delivery systems or via hotlines. Review of ROV maintenance systems will also be conducted to ensure correct vehicle maintenance is being carried out.
Drilling Rig Equipment Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
AqualisBraemar RI engineers can provide client FAT witnessing ensuring that FAT test schedules are completed and all appropriate defects are recorded and reported to equipment owners. This covers all areas of drilling rig equipment of Marine Systems, Drilling Equipment and Well Control Equipment.