UK / Europe
AqualisBraemar is looking for an Engineer/Energy Loss Adjuster to join the London team with a focus on renewable energy assignments.
An electrical or mechanical engineer with offshore wind project management or project engineering experience is preferred, but the role is diverse and not limited to these specific disciplines. The position would be to work out of the London office, and operate throughout Europe, and other regions as required, providing technical review and adjusting a variety of wind and solar losses. The ideal candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, happy to present to a diverse but technically proficient audience and can demonstrate a proven track record of working within the renewable energy field. The candidate will have a client facing role with renewable energy companies, as well as the London and International insurance market and whilst regional language skills are appreciated, they are not a requisite.
Investigating, managing and negotiating Renewable Energy related insurance claims; with an emphasis on construction, operational, and time element losses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Onsite survey of damage / losses, as well as meeting with relevant technical personnel
- Investigate Cause
- Review of technical documentation (procedures, logs, Root Cause Analysis, etc.)
- Contract & Policy Interpretation
- Quantification and valuation of remedial measures
- Preparation of Reports
- Travel is required to survey damages as well as meet with technical representatives and clients
- Marketing role involving both renewable energy companies and local/international Insurance companies
- Continuing Education where appropriate (including insurance qualifications as required)
Qualities, Skills & Attributes Required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- University graduate
- Professional engineering qualification would be preferred, including 3-5 years in the renewable energy industry in their engineering discipline
- If not already held, able to reflect strong progress against recognised insurance professional qualifications
Salary & Remuneration
Dependent upon the individual candidates experience amongst other considerations, but considered to be competitive / attractive, together with medical and life insurances.