UK / Europe
AqualisBraemar is looking for an Engineer/Energy Loss Adjuster to join the London team with a focus on renewable energy assignments.
An electrical or mechanical engineer with offshore wind project management or project engineering experience is preferred, but the role is diverse and not limited to these specific disciplines. The position would be to work out of the London office, and operate throughout Europe, and other regions as required, providing technical review and adjusting a variety of wind and solar losses. The ideal candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, happy to present to a diverse but technically proficient audience and can demonstrate a proven track record of working within the renewable energy field. The candidate will have a client facing role with renewable energy companies, as well as the London and International insurance market and whilst regional language skills are appreciated, they are not a requisite.
Investigating, managing and negotiating Renewable Energy related insurance claims; with an emphasis on construction, operational, and time element losses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Onsite survey of damage / losses, as well as meeting with relevant technical personnel
- Investigate Cause
- Review of technical documentation (procedures, logs, Root Cause Analysis, etc.)
- Contract & Policy Interpretation
- Quantification and valuation of remedial measures
- Preparation of Reports
- Travel is required to survey damages as well as meet with technical representatives and clients
- Marketing role involving both renewable energy companies and local/international Insurance companies
- Continuing Education where appropriate (including insurance qualifications as required)
Qualities, Skills & Attributes Required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- University graduate
- Professional engineering qualification would be preferred, including 3-5 years in the renewable energy industry in their engineering discipline
- If not already held, able to reflect strong progress against recognised insurance professional qualifications
Salary & Remuneration
Dependent upon the individual candidates experience amongst other considerations, but considered to be competitive / attractive, together with medical and life insurances.
To apply, please use the form below
|Title:||Principal Engineer – DP
|Reports to:||Dynamic Positioning Manager
The Principal Engineer will provide support to the Dynamic Positioning business lines in the region and globally, managing related projects using professional experience and basic principles.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Take part in technical and procedural reviews and marine study reports covering marine and offshore projects as well as site attendance
- Contribute to the continual development of the Dynamic Positioning business lines
- Conducting of Dynamic Positioning Technical Projects
- Conducting of Dynamic Positioning Assurance Projects
- Assist with preparation of tenders and proposals for Dynamic Positioning Services and other related offshore projects
- Ensure all operations are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies
- Assist and/or lead projects (as assigned by the manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to customers within the timeframe, costs and quality standards established by AqualisBraemar and/or the Client
- Responsible for delivery of quality documents within a timeline established by management and client
- Liaise with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
- Primarily office-based but requirement for onsite (offshore) attendance and time with clients – Flexibility to working hours
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Behavioural Skills, Personal Attributes and Competencies
To apply, please use the form below
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, we will only respond to those selected for interview.